Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Am I Ready???

Am I old??

Well, this question doesnot mean to ask if I m ageing...(that I am and everyone will), but to anticipate if I have grown matured enough to understand "things", to take decisions of life.

When a child, he always feels he is big enough to deal with anything on his way.The feeling of "I m Perfect" is always there. The whole world around him is just nothing . He is invincible.

As the child grows older, he starts understanding the Life around him. Different challenges and situations teach him.Slowly he realizes, he is NOT old enough to take responsibilities. Someone needs to be with him always.Fear creeps in the mind and heart.

Its so strange, we were so fearless and so confident when a six year old kid, but now at this age things have changed.
The question just pops up.....Am i ready for this?? Am i prepared to take responsibilties??

Ok lets be precise...I mean--- Am I old enough to understand life? To take major decisions of my life?

If u see the age factor, silver jubliee is completed, but I still dont feel I m ready.

To cut the story short...wat all crap is written above just drills to one point --"Marriage".

If you ask me , this very word means nothing to me. But the thought of this does make me anxious.

Marriage to me ...seems like---A life change, a new era, an enitrely new experirence, a change of soul, a change of mind, a change of heart, a responsible task, a difficult decision, a serious promise, .....n above all It looks like a complicated code, which is not tested and will be executed and forced to be accepted.

U may think...why suddenly this post! no no..i m not getting married in the near future, but It has become mandatory for me to hear one marriage news each day and I cant stop arguing why Marriage??

I just dont understand how can two persons commit to stay together with each other all their lives? How can they just meet and decide they will be there for each other on evry occasion of happiness and sorrow?
How can one be sure he is the one? I always fear the fact ---wat if I meet someone else more interesting and fall for him after my marriage!!..I love this freedom, why cant i always have it with me??

But this is life....n the show must go on...

so just chill n wait for the next IPL series :)

chao
~chika

4 comments:

Jayant said...

Hello!
I do share a best part of your views, being a supposedly "mature" person about to complete my 25 years of life and the word "marriage" is best defined by me as "lottery".

No matter whether it is love or arranged, it is a lottery.A proof of love marriages not working lies in the fact that in Patiala House Courts here in Delhi, around 70% of the cases are about couples seeking divorce and most of them have not been married for even 5 years!

There is no limit to "falling for one guy,marrying him, then falling for another...." but marriage is about adjustments, compromises and understanding.

My brother got married 5 months ago and he and my bhabhi are the happiest of couples, despite this being and arranged marriage..

I can go on and on but you wouldn't have the time to read so..

Nice post, hope I read more from you soon!

Jayant said...

sorry for the grammatical mistake in the first line itself, probably i got a bit carried away :)

Ruchika said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments , it always feels good to hear from new readers..:)

Gourav Shivhare said...

Hey!

Nice post.. you have touched a very imp matter of one's life...and good see your views about this..

keep writing..cheers!!