Its been long since i uploaded this page....lately i have been doing no reading...no writing....no painting....and if u ask me why ..then I say "I dont kno"....there are some many questions in my mind that needs answers.....hope i will get them soon :)...
Well....for a change and n experience I finally managed to go for reading to kids this week( I had enrolled for it a year back..n I went now)....
It was n experience :)....Now Reading to Kids is a club here which is run out by mixed group of ppl of all diff fields...n anyone can volunteer to be part of it...
So..early sat morning..i was set to enjoy something new .....
I choose the 1st grade..n was asked to read Thumbalina for them :)..i remember how much as a kid I liked this fairy tale of a girl just a size of a thumb :)
We were divided into groups.and there were two teachers with 5-6 students..I got a batch of 3 girls and 2 boys...it was amazing to see kids excited abt this session...and they are smart kids :)
So ..lined up...we moved to r class..Alan,Sibarina,Richard,Jocylene,and Karen.....Alan was a smart kid..he directed us to the class...
Seated on the floor...we opend the book..They say Wow...so many pictures to see..is that a frog..is that a butterfly...is that a turtle..is that a fish....all animals attrack ....n then the story starts...
First few pages went fine....they listened...n suddenly Karen burst out crying..omg..how to handle this now...the other kids look at her and wonder wat happen..we could see all of them sad...n Karen refuses to stop..I gave her a flower..she comforted a bit..but then again...so my colleague finally took her to her mom....
So one kid less...Richard was the one least interested..he had a blank face all the time...Joceyleen said "I have seen this movie"...but its diff from the story...hmmmm..ok now how to answer that..we said "Oh that mite be another version of this :)"
n Hour passed..now all were losing patience...Alan almost lay on the ground and was abt to sleep. :)....He kept asking..is it over ..is it over..we had to keep the kids motivated.So quickly we rushed thru the book ( Actually I too felt bored reading to them :P)..
Now book is over...so all ready for art n craft....Joceylene says I want to draw...Alan says I want to make a wolf..:)
Before that we played the game of hangman..thats the word guessing game...alan guessed the word and he was very excited abt it..he kept asking..So who won the game ??? :) and we had to avoid that question as there were other kids too....:)
Ok..now pencil paper n colors given to the girls...the boys didnt want to sit with the girls....they took another table..
Alan wants a wolf mask....Richard doesnt speak anything to us..we had communicate to him thru Alan...n Richard also wants a wolf mask...Sabrina wnts to make a butterfly and Jocylene want to make thumbalina...
All very excited started there work...n after evry step..they need to show us ..n we need to say Wow....actually it was a Wow...kids are really talented...
Alan's wolf making progress..he wants to scare his sister with this :)..Richard is quiterly drawing his stuff...Jocylene is done with her Doll..she wants is cut out and make a flower and stick to that...all these were their ideas..we just helped them implement...Sabrina is done with here butterfly and she cuts that out..ties a ribbon and hangs it as a necklace :)....Jocylene says I will give this to my sister...she is very small:)..Alan will give that to his mom...
You know kids as very unpredictable....u nevr kno wat they will say or wat they will ask ....with no context Jocylene says " I m having a loose tooth".....I asked her three times.."wat"..i didnt get wat she was trying to explain...then my colleague understood...so we had to react " OH!! u having a loose tooth..Show us which one"...n she points at the lower jaw tooth...hahha that was too funny:)
Suddenly Alan says..i want to scare my sister with this wolf so i want to show blood...ahhh..ok now we have to make him show blood...
Sabrina wants to put wings on the doll which she drew...
Richard wants his wolf to be same as Alans..:)
You know all these kids had so many requirements ...so many thoughts...n when one sees the other doing something..he wants that too...And it was all fun to make that happen for them..
Finally, with so many stuff in hand..all were excited to show their parents wat wonders they did :)
The times got over and we had to part with the kids...with just the memories with us!
OH!! How I wish I was a kid !!
chao,
~chika
No comments:
Post a Comment